What uniformed CCA is a good one to pick? My son is choosing between NCC Air and NPCC. My concern is that it's just all about marching and more marching. Anyone can share their experiences?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It really depends on the school. Although it's the same cca but some school their teachers are more enthusiastic and will bring to students to the competitions, camps etc that are for the schools on the zone. Some teachers sit on it and only go for the important activities. So u might want to see what activities each cca is going to go for through the year. I was from npcc and as a admin in my sec4 yr I came to know that there were so many invitations but my teachers were just not interested/able to bring the students there

Read more

IMO, Uniformed CCA might not be beneficial for your son as he will already be enlisted into the National Service when the time comes. If he is interested in a certain sport or other more value-adding activities, he should certainly go ahead with it. As when he finishes his studies, these value-adding activities will in one way or another be beneficial for his resume/job interviews.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Uniformed groups are great. It drills in discipline, leadership skills and sometimes independency skills. I was formally from St Johns, Not only we were trained on marching, we were trained on first aid. How to react in term of emergency. During camping, we learn exactly what other uniformed group does. You will be surprised how many changes your child will be like.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

More than just marching, joining a uniformed group emphasizes teamwork, discipline and loyalty - all values which will mould them into confident individuals. http://www.moe.gov.sg/media/speeches/2000/sp30092000.htm I was from NPCC and we also had camps and arms drills.

Read more

Uniform is not just about marching. It emphasis and encourages discipline, resilience, focus and learning to cope with your own emotions, endurance and many more. Ill go with either one.

Thành viên VIP

Either one is fine. It'll teach them to be independent, be responsible and all.

thanks

PLAYING PUBG 😂😂👍👍

Thành viên VIP

Both are fine