First time mummy, choosing NUH

2nd trimester now. Any good gynae to recommend? What is the diff between being a subsidised and private patient? Is there alot of diff in terms of cost? Can we upgrade to ward A last minute? Share your experience! Thank youuuu

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm a ftm and I took the subsidised route. I do not have a preference in gynae so it was fine for me. You save a lot on expenses as well. However, I upgraded my ward to Class A (single bedder) on the day I gave birth as I wanted my husband to stay with me through the night and private toilet (This will depend on availability of the ward as it was not booked beforehand). For private, depending on how popular the gynae is, waiting time can be much longer than subsidised (in my experience). I waited 2 over hours in private as compared to 30 minutes to an hour for subsidised.

Read more

Gynae you may look into NUH’s website to read their profile as well and mummies share. Subsidized - cheaper, but diff doctor sees you each appt. Private - comes with price but same gynae sees you each time till you give birth. Week 22 you can sign a package which they will introduce to you at your first appt if you are going private at the start. Yes. You can upgrade to A when giving birth or even later part of trimesters. However once you go private, you are unable to downgrade. You may approach the Patient Service Associate at the counter for more info.

Read more

I heard biswas n su lin lin is good n reviews r not too bad. However, note that su lin lin is quite hot and hard to get apptment. I was initially going to c biswas but decided to stick to my current gynae

Super Mom

Subsidised means you don’t see the same gynae throughout pregnancy and doctor on call / duty will perform be delivery. Private means you choose your gynae and stick to that gynae throughout

I’m also in my beginning of 2nd trimester and seeing Dr. Arundhati Gosavi in NUH. Good experience so far.

2y trước

HI CAN YOU SHARE your experience now