What temperature is counted fever for infants? My baby is 2 months old. She is having a temperature of 37.8 What do i do?

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

37.5 is consider fever. 37.3 is consider low grade fever as described by our doctor. 37.5 should head to the doctor. And usually fever occurs is due to viral infection. Fever is a symptom of something else. It's not an illness by itself. And given baby is just 2 mths old, need to bring to pd or hospital A&E. -we just came back from A&E 2weeks back. Dr said if fever starts need to head straight back. My baby is 2 mths+ too. Elder child passed bronchilitis to the younger one for a mth b4 we decided to head to A&E. Which means the younger one caught it at 1mth old. :(

Read more

The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says that the normal body temperature for a healthy baby is between 36degC to 38degC. A fever would be any temperature that rises to 38degC or above. If you are indeed worried, look out for other symptoms like vomiting, loss of appetite, earaches and general fussiness. Best to bring baby to the doctor then. http://www.parents.com/baby/care/american-baby-how-tos/treat-babys-first-fever/

Read more

You should go to the doctor if it reaches 38 degrees and do not self medicate as dosage of medicine for babies are according to weight. You can stick the cooling pad and sponge baby to bring the temperature down. Also, remember to let baby wear clothes that are cooling so that heat will not be trapped inside and make the temperature rises. Make sure to keep baby hydrated as well.

Read more

If your baby shows lethargic symptom or inactive unlike usual, it is best to bring her to doc immediately. Otherwise,if she is happy and eat and drink well, just keep her body and environment cool, especially during this hot season. Wear cotton clothes, let the air in the room cool and make sure she drinks milk/breastfeed whenever necessary.

Read more

Yes, temperature is 37.8 for it to be considered as fever. That's the only time too that you should give medicine to your little one. Paracetamol is the most common medicine for fever in infants but if the temperature gets higher, see a doctor.

as my 2 kids when they babies always gets fever and sometimes fit too as its too high.as i k ow usuall they says if its over 38 u need to quickly sponge and if it doesnt go down its best to see a doc or when its at night time A&E.

ur baby is too young ..better to bring to doctor . cos the medication also need to calculate by their weigh. for ur baby to consume if needed . can paste cooling pad for her. doctor will be the best advise .

mine is having 37.1 temperature but im doubting it to be due to the hot weather. can i stick coolpad on his forehead even if he doesnt have fever? LO is 10weeks old

Your baby is very young. Please do not self medicate or wait further. Go to the pd now please. Unless older babies I will recommend you to use natural remedies.

37.5 is consider as fever already. undress your baby or use thin clothes better! or i suggest see doctor if baby fever.