What should i do? My 7th month old baby refuse to eat and drink. Use to drink 180ml per feed. Now he dun even want to drink 100ml. Make solid for him he keeps pushing away. So stress :(

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

He could be teething so the pain in the gum is causing him not to have Ang appetite to eat. Get the teething gel from any Watson or Guardian. It helps a lot to numb the pain in the gum. It's tough for parent at this point when the baby does not know how to explain his unhappiness but just need to be more patient and positive and it will be over soon'n

Read more

Is he having teething issues or any discomfort in tummy etc. for a young child to refuse food, it can mean something unusual. Check his poo to see if there are any difference in colour, texture. Check body for any unusual spots and also use clean fingers to feel his gums to see if there are any suspected teeth or tooth sprouting out.

Read more
8y trước

I wouldn't say for all. Generally baby is more interested in new things esp learning to eat n having to chew. Milk is the quickest way for them to get calcium n some babies eat more than drink. PD felt that so long as the baby is receiving enough nutrients fr the food intake, it is ok not to drink so much.

Monitor his output and temperature. Sometimes, kids do have mood sways too, or unwell due to teething. Offer him some refreshing food such as fruits and yogurt. He should feels better and regain his appetite the next day or sooner!

Thành viên VIP

Did he had a vaccination recently? That's what happens to my baby when she just got her vaccination. As long as he's having sufficient wet/soiled diapers & he's satisfied after his meal. It is ok that he's not eating as much as he used too.

You may want to find out what is bothering him. Talk to him even though he can't speak yet. Touch his gum and see if eating and drinking causes pain. You may want to seek professional help if this continue. Take care.