3 Replies

VIP Member

I resorted to oils as a distraction from the pain. but try the airplane method. hold baby by the chest and abdomen and face down and gentle swinging/rocking. can google/youtube for colic. peaks at three months but itll get better for baby. yu yee oil abit hot so apply to own palm then pat on tummy. if not use gentle oil for tummy rubs. always clockwise start from left and slowly upwards like a rainbow and down to the right. bicycle kicks can help baby to fart. what else... lots of hugs and kisses because im an anxious parent and i lose it when i see my baby in pain. and tummy time too, just not right after feed because poor baby will puke. oh oh check if latching is optimal full teat in mouth, not sucking in air(theres a funny sound) if bottle fed watch out for air bubbles and always do side lying feeds. gentle burps pat on back or over shoulder(might puke from tummy pressure on ur shoulder) or just sitting position and move baby front back left right. i cant think of anything else. hope ur baby is better

My PD mentioned those oil rubs don’t actually get rid of the gas, but it only provided warming sensation which then distract babies from the discomfort caused by gas. For my case, baby’s stomach was bloated and hard as you mentioned. Also baby was extremely fussy and cry a lot, when she cries her body is stiff and face very red. Was prescribed colic drop (Ridwind) by PD, didn’t help much but eventually my baby seem to outgrow it by 2+ months old.

gassy stomach is a symptom of colic. I use yuyee oil for stomach rubs. use anti colic bottles to feed

Trending Questions

Related Articles