Who’s fasting at 30 weeks?

What did your gynae tell you about fasting during this month? Anyone fasting at 30 weeks? Mine says it’s fine to fast if I can take it, but sometimes me and my husband get worried for the baby. What about you?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Managed to fast the first few days but yesterday, I broke my fast for the first time after having some anxiety about baby not moving for a few hours. It didn’t help that I was reading an article about stillbirth! I felt so relieved when baby kicked after I broke my fast. I don’t regret breaking it cos I was truly worried about baby. My stance is quite clear. If there’s even a small doubt in my heart that I can’t cope with the fast on that day because I am worried about baby’s health or my own health, I simply won’t fast. This is backed up by many ustazahs that I’ve listened to so I’m confident of this and don’t feel an ounce of guilt or unease alhamdulillah.

Read more
1y trước

You too! ❤️❤️❤️

Thành viên VIP

I am at 32 weeks. If u think u can fast, why not. But for me i only managed to fast on the 1st day. After breaking my fast, i suddenly developed difficulty in breathing and heart beating fast with BB kicking in me. So i decided not to fast from 2nd day onwards. It all depends on individuals whether their body can take it or not. And don’t worry. ALLAH knows and exempt pregnant Mums from fasting. Insya Allah all will be well.

Read more

Honestly most of them will say it really depends on your tolerance/whether the dr approved cause in some cases they have gestational diabetes issues. However - our religion mention it’s honestly okay not to fast during pregnancy. Your body is providing nutrition for your baby. As for me, I’m choosing not to to fast as it was really difficult to be pregnant and I really would want to take extra precautions this time around.

Read more
1y trước

I agree and I’m totally on board with you. Though sometimes, you kinda pressure yourself knowing other pregnant mums are able to fast but I don’t want to potentially risk my pregnancy and my baby’s development too. So I really should just listen to my body. Thanks for sharing and may you have a blessed Ramadan! 🌙

I decided not to fast after day 1. Held on to finish the first day of fasting and my chest started hurting quite badly. Started feeling concern on baby’s condition and if baby is getting enough nutrients for healthy growth. To me, I can always pay back my fast after but I’ll regret if anything happens to my baby. 😞

Read more
1y trước

Yes, ramadan can always come again, but a life won’t. Jaga your baby’s well-being okay! ☺️

Hi Mummy, its ok to fast if u feel that your body allows it. I was fasting at 3rd trimester and I was doing alright, Baby's doing fine too. But if you have doubt and you feel that you are unable to fast, its okay. You listen to your body and please know that you are doing great. ☺️

I'm at 28 weeks and currently traveling to and fro work. I try my best to fast as long as my body can take it. So far so good. Unless I'm feeling really exhausted or my body don't allow me to proceed, I always have my water bottle and light snack in my bag as standby. 😉

1y trước

Thanks for sharing! Yeah that’s good. Inshaallah you can puasa as much as you intend to. Take care okay! Have a blessed Ramadan 🌙

Close to 27 weeks pregnant now, Alhamdulilah fasting for 5 full days so far. However noticed lower than usual baby activity but on certain days moving as per normal. I follow my gut feelings usually and talk to baby and ask if he’s ok sometimes 😊

1y trước

Alhamdulillah. Thank you for sharing! May you and your baby be healthy throughout this beautiful month! 🌙 Take care!

I’m at 25 weeks and not fasting. Tried to on the first day but I got so hungry it was making me antsy and anxious thinking about whether my baby is getting enough nutrients. My gynae who is a Muslim was just telling me last Friday not to fast.

1y trước

Thanks for sharing! Yeah. My husband worries about the baby’s nutrients especially being in the last tri for me even though I can tahan the hunger and thirst. So we decided on not having me to fast. Will pay back when it’s due Inshaallah. You take care and have a blessed Ramadan any way! 🌙

I was in my 3rd trime when it was fasting mth last yr. On and off I try to fast whenever I can. You just have to follow your own body. If you think you can do it, then just do it ok! Ramadan Kareem to you!

My first pregnancy here, at 36 weeks and fasting since day 1. Just give it a few days of fasting to see how your body copes. If you’re fine, then just continue to do so unless if your gynae said not to.