Gestational diabetes

Went for checkup today diagnosed with mild diabetes and on control diet.. my mind suddenly blown away no mood to do anything and im crying after got to know about this diabetes thing.. some ppl say its part and parcel for being pregnant to have this.. but i cannot😭😭 How to manage this i need help 😢😢

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Im like you at the start. I got diagnosed at wk 20 (the test would have been done at wk28). Whats worse is when he suspect it might not be GD n could possible be diabetes before pregnancy. I never thought i could do it as well. You just need some time. I was fine after 3 days. Close monitoring and endocrine doctor wanted me to try out different food to c. I am not taking rice nowadays and in my recent wk 24 review, my urine test at gynae was normal, my avg mthly glucose also dropped. You can do it one! Take blueberries/raspberries! And btw my glucose test was mad. Went beyond 12 in 1h. Haha.

Read more

Me too have GD,my routine was: Breakfast - 2 slices of wholemeal bread + Plain water Lunch - Fried Fish Soup w Rice. (1/2 bowl of rice instead of full) Plain water Dinner - Fried Fish Soup w Rice. (1/2 bowl of rice instead of full) + Plain water I did not take snacks in between Basically all the way i ate the same thing.and my sugar level was low. Just remember to drink lots of plain water after every meal. For me It really helps. You can try.

Read more
3y trước

U r really lucky. Mine as long as there is rice, i will spike even brown rice.

I had GD when I’m pregnant too. Its something you have control over, and when effort is put in, there will be result . Is not a disease that you have no control over. Stay calm & positive. Control ur diet. You can have carbs, just watch it only. Best thing is: you can have pasta without worrying. Grilled chicken and all. It’s not as bad as u think.

Read more
3y trước

You are right, but wheat in general is a better carb than the rest.

Hi, I find that the most important meal of the day is breakfast, if my blood sugar is high after breakfast, usually my blood sugar readings will spike for the rest of my readings post meal. If my blood sugar is within target range post breakfast, it usually tends to be quite good throughout the day.

Read more

I have GD too and was stressed out. I refused to go to the classes because I was in denial – my levels were off by 0.1 only but still it counts as GD. I told myself to cut on rice/white bread/sugary drinks. So far so good, at the next checkup my gynae didn't even ask about it cos baby seemed fine lol.

Read more
3y trước

Me too! But my levels exceed like crazy at as early as wk 20. My endocrine doctor almost wanted me to go for insulin to eat more coz she worried i dun hv enuf nutrition. 😂 but i totally cut off rice (its not really so impt for me anyw). The low gi bread is actually quite nice!

Just control your diet intake.. not only sugars but carbo also plays a factor.. do alot of reading n have more info, so you dont give yrself too much stress abt it..

it will get better. dont overstress. take 1 day at a time. control diet. diet control is better than being on meds/insulin. follow what the dietitian says

Just wondering you guys here take post meal readings for 1h or 2h, do u take it after u start or finished your meals? Eg start eating at 6, u take at 7?

You must control your sugar intakes cause during pregnancy it is easy to get diabetes due to our sugar intakes

Influencer của TAP

Just try to control your diet, monitor closely and everything will be fine