Gender reveal

Was thinking when did you find out the gender of your baby- how did it you ask the gynae to just share with wife or husband the gender? (So the other one is completely clueless) but both still be in the scan at the start? Den one steps out? 😅 Wana do gender reveal separately with both side parents also, but thinking about giving them a balloon to poke might be too much for them? Wana record reactions

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

u can choose for both u and hubby not to know too even when both of u are in the scan room, the sonographer will ask u to cover eyes when she is scanning the gender part. but let her know u do NOT wish to know the gender in advanced (like right after u go in the room for the scan so she is aware) then after that she will give u an envelope with the US image and state the gender on the image too. then u maybe can ask ur close fren or what to prepare the gender reveal for u or u can even hand the sealed envelope to the balloon seller for them to prepare the ge de reveal when both u and ur hubby do not know the result too for better surprise. if u did harmony test, then u also need to tell ur dr in advanced for not wanting to know the gender. i did a mini gender reveal with a photo frame so i ask the dr to help me slot in and put in a box and only when we reach home then we slowly open up for the reveal (balloon is kinda pricey and not sure if u have the pantang that preggy lady cannot hold sharp stuff) 😅

Read more

We got to know the gender at 20 week scan because we did not do NIPT or other blood tests. What we did was request for technician/ gynae to not tell us during the scan. They will ask you to close your eyes when scanning the genitals. Then they will put it in a sealed envelope. We passed the envelope to our close friend and got her to order the gender balloon for us. So we didn’t find out until gender reveal party. If one of you wants to know, can also ask them to put in envelope then when you leave the clinic one of you can open it up and find out. But when you step into clinic first thing you do is to tell them you don’t want to know the gender so they won’t say anything. Else sometimes they will ask if you want to know. We did the huge balloon pop but know it will be messy because of all the confetti you need to clean up. Haha. You can opt for other options like cake/ cupcake will be easier and got something for everyone to eat.

Read more

For hospital, gender can be seen during the 20w anatomy scan. For me the gynae would ask if i want to know the gender, which i said yes then she will scan and show the genital. However if you wish to not know or either one to know you will need to inform the gynae before the scan so they wont accidentally spill the gender. And also, nothing is too much you can do whatever you want and recording reaction would be nice to look at.

Read more

Don’t really get it so you want just 1 person to know like either you or husband..? Are you doing the genetic test or just finding gender from the scan? Perhaps you could just tell the gynae first it’s a surprise. If your parents know that it’s a balloon I think it should be fine, they’ll be mentally prepared for the sound :)

Read more