do you think the discrimination towards working and pregnant mothers at work are real in singapore?

63 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

It is real everywhere, not just Singapore. From employers perspective it is time and money sucking. It is likely less pronounced in MNCs. They can take the financial hit better and most of the time, they are not the owners of the business and won't take it as personally.

Influencer của TAP

The major multinationals with their HR policies have guidelines to protect pregnant working moms. However, some companies are small and not able to Sustain manpower shortage so they might not tolerate the change in situation of pregnant working mums well.

Yes I think it is very real. I remember I went on maternity and when I got back to work after my maternity, I was asked to leave. Discrimination against preggies are very real in SG and I feel there is no compassion for preggies. That’s really sad.

Yes. Last week my employer asked me to resign as I am 2 months pregnant and quite affected by morning sickness and a few checkups. I told them my morning sickness has subsided now but I have no choice. Now I am jobless.

2y trước

you should not have resigned. you could report them to MOM

Yes, some companies are, but thankfully My company are understand as there are always more than 1 pregnant mum in the company. They even allow us to WFM since they day gov level the dorscon to orange

Thành viên VIP

It's really depending on the people in your company. There are good colleagues and boss out there who are really considerate to pregnant mom. Not everyone the same though.

Thành viên VIP

Yes it is. Mine immediately change face and comes out with many stunts when she found out I was pregnant. Thankfully I left the job when I was in month 3-4 in my preg

4y trước

Can't be bothered with the maternity leave when my colleague's miscarriage was part of the job too. Don't want because of $ and risk my baby

Yes. Agreed. When I’m having my 2nd one, after confinement and back to work. First day of work, they give me letter. :( God will know :)

Discrimination is always there. Depends on the people u happen to meet. But dont get discourage. The problem does not lies in u.

Thành viên VIP

To a certain extent yes, but it is also how we work when we are pregnant and first time mum. Should not let it impact