is it true tht when babies get their teeth late, they will also drop their milk teeth late? my fil say it's not good to grow teeth @ 6 months old and say it's good to grow teeth later. just curious. hahaha.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, there are also babies who get their teeth before 6 months. If there is proper maintenance of baby teeth, assuming that he has good nutrition, technically speaking or logically deduced, the child who has teeth late will have the adult teeth late too - since the teeth milestone is later than others, adult teeth milestone will be later. But I don't think there is any real concrete science abt it - teeth just a matter of time have what...so I won't dwell too much into it - tho I was trying to search for teeth in my 6-7month old baby for quite a while as baby's peers were all having it at 4-5months :P

Read more

Hi, Mostly babies get their first tooth between 6 to 10 months. It all depends on the development of the baby. But yes, once the baby gets teeth, one should making the baby see a dentist to follow good dental care, as when the dental health is ignored and baby gets cavity then it becomes quite problematic. And as far as when the baby should get his/her teeth is not in anyone's hand. If a baby gets tooth at 6 months, cherish it, and if you find anything unusual happening, see the dentist. :)

Read more

Hi I think 6months is quite normal. Many babies get their first teeth between 6-9 months. I think how soon the milk teeth still drop depend on the dental hygiene and also how much sweet foods they eat. Need to bring baby to see dentist once they turn one. And proper cleaning of teeth and mouth is necessary. Should be nothing wrong with the teeth growing out earlier.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Gasp. Will he be biting me when I breastfeed then?