Whopping cough jab

Took whopping cough jab in Nov (because of my job requirement). However my gynae recommends me to take whopping cough jab now, recommend to take during my 16-32 weeks pregnancy. Should i or should not?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

When you took it in Nov, how many months pregnant were you? If you are not pregnant at that time, I personally felt that you should take as recommended by gynae. As this jab is more to protect baby. Overall, I think e best person to answer will be your gynae do highlight to dr when you last had it.. I took this jab when I was at my second trimester..

Read more

I had the same concern with you back then. So the nurse who jabbed me told me this, “last time when you jab was to protect yourself. Now this jab is to protect your unborn baby.” 😅 I hope this answer your question! :)

i also took for my job (healthcare sector) and my gynae said even though it is actually valid for 10years, it is recommended we still take the jab for every pregnancy. this time its for your unborn baby to develop the antibodies. :)

It's recommended to take it as the effect will pass on to the baby. In very rare cases after birth, baby can contract whopping cough and it will be disastrous when that happens.

Yes you should. The jab you take during pregnancy protects the baby, not you.

Normally all adults should take the whopping cough jab once in 10 years

hello! im at 14 weeks and my gynae recommended to take the jab too!

I took during week 24

Yes I did take it