How to help 17th month old to stop using pacifier?

Any tips or recommendations on how to help a toddler to stop using pacifier? Need help. At night he will cry murder, days too esp when he is cranky. 😭#firstmom #advicepls #pleasehelp #firstbaby #firsttimemom

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

my son stopped on his own as he bit the pacifier until got hole just few months back (he's 2½ years)🤣 hubby wanted to buy him new ones but I told him not to as I really wanted to wean him off. initially we didn't throw it away as my toddler would still want to see it or hold onto it beside him when he sleeps , but as days passed by , he totally forgot about it and threw it himself 🤣 now , whenever he sees other kids his age with pacifier , he just laughs at them when he forgot he was at that stage once 🥲 🤦🏻‍♀️ the only thing I can say is - try take it a step at a time. for me and hubby , we go along with the wean themselves method , so as long has toddler feels they're ready then we'll follow them. I don't instill to force change upon them. ☺️

Read more

My first child stop using pacifier just before she turns 4 years old. What I did was I told her if the pacifier tear into half no more buying new ones, shop doesn't sell anymore. I persuaded her that she's big girl and no more pacifier. Indeed it is tough, she suck on her thumb on and off, she bite her favourite toys ear to sleep. It took her weeks to have the mindset that I told her. I kept convincing her, pacify her and eventually she didn't ask. It has been a month of no pacifier. I also reminded everyone around her including my spouse to remind her that shop doesn't sell and she's a big girl hence she can't ask for it. This may/may not work for you though. My parents thought me some old tips but I did it my way.

Read more

My elder kid stop his pacifier when he around 3 years 6 month. As he bite spoilt his pacifier, thus i told him not buying him new pacifier already. My 2nd kid stop his pacifier around 2 years old as he lost his pacifier. i told him i will be buying new one but hoping he will forget about it. so far he can sleep wothout pacifier already. For the 1st few days or weeks they may not get use to it, but eventually they will be able to sleep without pacifier. this method work for my kids, but i not sure about yours.

Read more
Thành viên VIP
Thành viên VIP

Will go with time. Don’t try to push it