Teething wafers vs teething rusks... 1) what's the diff? are they safe? won't they choke? 2) which did you get for your LO? why? 3) what brand would you recommend? 4) when did u start offering these to your baby? Abt the same time you started with solids? thanks!

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

1) teething wafers and rusks should be safe but still need to monitor baby when they are chewing on them. Especially when the teeth start coming out they may be able to break off big pieces of the rusk and risk swallowing it. The rusks are very hard so baby won't be able to chew easily. The saliva will slowly make the rusk melt and hence baby won't choke. But for wafers not sure if you are talking about the Japanese brand wafer in a red box? I think wafers are more for consuming as a snack and can easily bite and melt in mouth compared to rusks which are harder. When you give wafer pls monitor closely to ensure baby doesn't chew off a big piece of perhaps you can break into smaller pieces to feed him 2) I bought Heinz rusks as well or Bellamy's organic rusks. I did not buy wafer at all. I give other kind of snacks like the pigeon rice biscuit as snacks 4) I started giving rusks about 6mths and also at the same time gave the pigeon biscuits which are suitable for 6mo onwards

Read more
8y trước

Thanks for sharing! I bought the kiddylicious wafers. Not sure whether it is a good time to let her try or not but will do like what u sugg.