After giving birth. Should or should not?

Hi all supermums! I am keen to know do you take any traditional medicine after giving birth? Do you went for a massage after giving birth? Like do you feel better doing it or it feels the same? Do you do it because you want or you do it because your parents ask you to do it? I am curious to listen from you all. Lets share okay? I am a ftm so i want to know more. Thank you!#advicepls

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yup, I do it all. I'm also a ftm for almost 10 yrs now. Currently pregnant and will be giving birth next yr. I do it all mainly because I don't want to have any of my body parts that will be in pain when I grow old like rheumtism. Also there's benefits in it. I take confinement period seriously. As I'm a Malay, I shower daily with warm water for hygiene reasons. I also wash my hair daily because the smell of the jamu is really strong so must clean everything off. During the shower, I will slather on some Jamu herbs on my entire body especially the abdomen to get rid of wind and also the forehead for eyesight as what I was told. I avoid drinking cold water and eat soy sauce or some fish that will trigger itchiness on my V especially if I had stitches. I also avoided the air con and only use the fan under low speed and wear long sleeves and socks and tie my hair up high. It will be very warm in the whole attire so what I did is when I sweat, I will increase the speed of the fan for a bit then lower it back. I also do a post natal massage. Depends on budget. I ever took for 3 & 5 days where the masseuse will massage my entire body from head to toe and even unclog my milk if there's any then help me to wear the body wrap/binder which I will wear to sleep. I also take the traditional medicine or Jamu as it is called until finish.

Read more

Impt is the post massage. So ur inside can shrink back faster and feel much better after all those weights and aching. I cook my own confinement food for a week and eat those lactate cookies-coz after birth i crave for sweet stuff.

I did post natal massage only after 4m when I got back to work. And really did help me to feel better. No, for traditional med but yes for confinement food as was nursing.

Thành viên VIP

i did post natal massage cos i want to takecare of my body. i don't want to feel like my body is damaged. however i didn't go for confinement food due to budget 😄

4y trước

Hi! Thank you for sharing it with me. I do appreciate it :)