Ranting about mother in law

My step daughter is 11 y/o. My husband and I had decided to let her take on some of the household chores such as washing her bowls after use, throwing out the rubbish in her room and washing her own clothes. During the weekends, she went back to her grandma's place and told her grandma that she washes her own clothes and asked the grandma not to wash for her. However, the grandma insisted and went round telling the relatives that I am abusing her grand daughter by asking her to wash her own clothes up. Previously, I have been washing her clothes for the past 6 months she had moved in. Despite numerous reminders from everyone in the family(even before she puts inside the washing machine), she tends to not empty her pockets resulting sweets, wrappers and tissue being washed together in the washing machine. Also, she likes to change in and out of clothes and then putting all to wash (min. 4 sets a day). My step daughter did told her the reason but she insisted that I am abusing her. Does this even amounts to abuse by letting her take responsibility of her own chores? 🙄🙄🙄 Previously I had been very upset by the grandma's way of educating my step daughter. Despite she was 10 years old, the grandma dressed her in school uniform, carried the school bag for her daily, and even chase her around the house just to feed her. But I decided not to meddle since we were staying together at that point of time. But now we had moved out, she also likes to meddle with the way I educate and spreading rumours around.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

I agree with you . children should learn to do their chores by themselves. otherwise they don't learn.

3y trước

Exactly, and I am sitting there guiding her how to do all the household chores initially till she can do it on her own.