Mum guilt for pumping > latching

Hello mums who exclusively pump, when and why did you decide to stop latching on directly? I’m already feeling mum guilt that I only latch twice a day and pump more than I latch. Hoping to hear some of your experiences if you don’t mind sharing 🙆🏻‍♀️ #firsttimemom

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am doing both like pump/latch for both kids. Like for my first born, she latch more hence I do direct latch and don't pump. Because she's heavy drinker, she latch long and she helps me prevent engorgement 🫢 So I am lazy to pump. However for my second born, I pump more than latch. She direct latch more only at night, when she feel like it. Otherwise I will bottle feed with BM/FM. I get easily engorged so I have to constantly pump every 3 hrs to keep with the supply momentum. It is very tiring to direct latch to be honest. Though it is a bonding session that we must enjoy or should enjoy but, if you are working you need rest they latch pretty long and you can't do anything. My second born at night or afternoon can latch till she sleep. She won't let go of the tits till she feel happy and doze off 🤣

Read more