Pelvic Girdle Pain (PGP) or Symphysis Pubic Dysfunction (SPD)

Since last month, my pubic area near my left thigh joint has started to hurt, and now it hurts quite badly whenever I try to stand up or squat. I told the doctor and he says it's normal, can't remember the reason but something about my pelvis is small and need to expand. Any other mummys got this? How do you cope with this? It's getting more and more painful now that my tummy is getting bigger and bigger... 😢 #firsttimemom #pleasehelp #FTM #advicepls #respect_post #firstmom

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes,i experienced it during my pregnancy.Just gave birth 3 months ago.I had the pain very badly as nearing to giving birth as baby is 3.7kg at birth..Please be gentle to urself from now on,as i still having the pain till now.And it really takes time to heal as our organs expanding during pregnancy.Do light stretch every morning n night to ease the pain.

Read more

Got SPD since 26 weeks pregnant and hospital referred me to physio. But they can only teach u exercise to strengthen pelvic muscles, cannot totally get rid of pain. Also told me to be prepared that it will get worse when baby grow bigger during third trimester. Now I’m 33 weeks and apart from SPD, I also experience hip n lower back pain. Zzz

Read more

Yes, since the beginning of the pregnancy, which is strange? And it gradually got even more painful as I entered the third trimester, even walking and switching sides in sleep hurt. It went away right after child birth. Phew!

yes i got this recently too. i use pregnancy belt and Kinesiology tape to support (you can google this). other than that i was referred to PT for proper muscle activation so it won’t hurt so much

I have it today and last for hours.. i googled and it seems we need to do more stretching on the groin and thigh

Influencer của TAP

🙏💕