Breast milk supply third day

Sigh, my supply is getting lesser and lesser each day. It is literally few drops of colostrum on my third day no matter how I pump and manual express. It’s so upsetting :( any tips for me?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

It’s only day 3, dear:) More supply will come in very soon! For now, it’s really alright to top up with formula if baby is hungry:) Then latch baby on demand. Other important things: drink loads of fluids (3L/day), you need to get some sleep (seriously.. my supply refills a lot faster even when I rest just for a while), eat more carbohydrates and protein. Give it a bit more time:) There are a few growth spurts coming up, so demand may still exceed supply for a while.. but your supply will get there!

Read more
Super Mom

My supply only came on the 4th day. The first 3 days almost nothing, only when a lactation consultant came by and squeezed my boob really hard (it was really painful) then she managed to get a few drops of colostrum out. The tiny amount of colostrum is very nutritious so don't worry about baby being hungry. Don't worry and keep latching/massaging/pumping to stimulate! See a lactation consultant if you can.

Read more
4y trước

Most hospitals offer a lactation consultant if I'm not wrong? I delivered at Thomson and a lactation consultant visited me on the 2nd day then I scheduled subsequent visits to sort out various issues. You can try Thomson Parentcraft centre https://www.thomsonmedical.com/post-delivery/breastfeeding/breastfeeding-consultation/

First few days after birth is only colostrum. Milk will come in later, you will know when you get engorgement and breasts become rock hard. Be patient and continue to massage and pump every 2-3 hours to relieve the swelling and the milk will follow.

Thành viên VIP

Don’t give up just yet. For my most recent delivery, milk only kicked in on the 7th day. Anyways, don’t hesitate to top up a bit of FM while waiting for the BM. I did that. 😊

Let baby suck to stimulate breast to produce milk. Anyway, the body provides enough amount for the baby to drink. So initially will be a bit only

4y trước

Yup I just let baby latch on but I think he is still very hungry 😓 so the nurse suggest I can mix feed at the moment until my supply is regular.

Thành viên VIP

Dont give up