Wuhan

Should the govt provide more protection for pregnant mummies i.e to go home or at least provide us supply of masks due to the wuhan virus?

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Pregnant women immune system is very weak. Protect urself when going out. The corona virus transferred through droplets. So anyone sneeze or cough and ur are near u can easily get this virus bec the mucus of that person come out from their mouth or nose when they sneeze and cough. Protect urself and cover ur mouth and nose using the mask. Wash hands all the time and avoid putting ur dirty hands to ur face. The virus will go in through all the parts of the body which has mucus membrane (it means the holes in our body) such as nose, ears,eyes, mouth,private part and our butt.

Read more

Dont think they would do anything. Even my company dont care abt preg mummies as they take it very lightly. All my colleagues take it very lightly too.. they cough with their mouth wide open & they dont wear mask... as such i have to take the necessary measures myself. I wear mask at all times in crowded places, bring a sanitizer along & wash my hands regularly.

Read more
Super Mom

I personally think the Singapore government’s doing a lot, especially when we compare it to what other countries are doing. And I believe that we’re resourceful enough, and have enough educational knowledge, to protect ourselves. Keep washing hands, avoiding crowded places, wearing a mask if you need to go to closed spaces with lots of people...

Read more
Super Mom

I think the government is already doing very well in containing the spread on a population level. Lots of safety measure implemented by the community as well, temperature checks and declaration forms. The elderly and people with preexisting conditions are the most susceptible actually so they're the ones that need extra protection.

Read more

Supply of masks only for healthcare professionals/frontliners. For us, just wash hands thoroughly with soap and keep up with good hygiene. Before virus I already did not touch lift buttons with my finger 😄

Thành viên VIP

Everyone including those with chronic illness or old or simply have young kids or elderly at home can say the same. Then what will happen to Singapore?

I requested to my boss that I want to work from home. Also, my husband is supportive of me taking unpaid leave for several months to stay safe.

Yes, but the Govt doesn’t really care despite all the talks about more support for working mums and encouraging ladies to have more kids.

Thành viên VIP

Pregnant women are not part of the vulnerable group that they've identified. Only elderly and young..

Yes to a certain extend. But pregnant Mums should also do their part to protect themselves