Dr lubna reviews from Pehz

Any review on dr Lubna from parkway east hospital? Mind to share the charges and experience pls? Pro natural?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Did not find many reviews about her before engaging her and I wished I had more information, so here’s mine for you future mums. Dr Lubna is overall an ok doctor albeit a little expensive for what you get (agree with above comment that scans were blurry). But more importantly, if you’re hoping to have an all natural birth (vaginal, no drugs, no induction) I suggest finding another doctor. Like many doctors in SG, she will persuade you to have an induction if she thinks baby is “too big” in order for you to avoid c-sect. This was in-spite of us talking her through my birth plan that I had prepared for one of our consultations where I had expressed clearly that I wanted a natural birth. Even though I had an uncomplicated pregnancy, I feel that doctors will tend to advocate for induction as it’s more or less a scheduled birth (more convenient for them) and they fear potential birth complications. But the truth is, it’s a world of pain and suffering for the mother as you’ll end up having a longer, more painful labour. The contractions are artificially made (they’ll just keep increasing the drip dosage until they’re satisfied with your progress) so unlike natural labour, my contractions were so close together that I could not take breaks in between to catch my breath. Despite the intense contractions, I was still not dilating fast enough (duh, my body was not ready!). So I gave in to epidural cause induction contractions were just so unbearable and I could not take the prolonged pain (my body was literally trembling from the pain and my husband had to hold down my knees to keep me steady). The cascade of interventions (induction pill, painful membrane sweeps, bursting water bag, pitocin) led to such a long and exhausting labour for me (50+ hours). This meant an extra night’s stay at the hospital, so I had to pay more too. End up baby was born only 3 days before my due date at a healthy weight and not at all “big” so I could have waited a bit longer. FYI measurement scans are known to be wildly inaccurate. Overall, I felt my wish to have a natural birth was dismissed in favour of by-the-book common practices instead. Was repeatedly told 38/39 weeks is the “sweet spot” to give birth but isn’t every birth different? Can you really apply a standard timeline on these things? I get it if baby is overdue for a week but forcing baby out before body/baby is ready doesn’t sit right with me. Regret being coerced into an induction and I wished I trusted my body more, but as a first time mum you don’t really know what to expect and hindsight is always 20/20. Tbh if your baby is measuring below 3kg at your weekly scan or if you don’t mind having induction + epidural then you’ll probably be fine with her. Disclaimer that this is my own personal birth experience and I acknowledge that all births are unique and you might not go through what I went through. Hope this helps future mummies make an informed decision!

Read more
Thành viên VIP

dr. Lubna and her staffs are nice and friendly. I checked my pregnancy to dr. Lubna three times but after that i changed to other gynae. I was comfortable with her but her charge is quite expensive and not satisfied with the usg pictures cause i thought maybe my pregnancy was still early around 5-6 weeks and 9-10 weeks so it was blur but when 13 weeks, the picture was blur too (so i compared with my sister in law in same weeks but her picture was more clearly than mine so i changed the gynae as my sister’s recommendation)..for some people maybe it’s okay not need to clear for usg but for me, it was important cause i was excited to be a first mom so i liked to collect it and made diary for that..

Read more
Post reply image
3y trước

Tq so much for the the details. Much appreciated! 😍

Thành viên VIP

I didn't know her, sorry. Better to call the costumer service of the hospital. It'll give you clear information.