My fetus development at 5 weeks?!

Recently took 2 pregnancy test n it’s shows positive. When to see my private gynae. But dr didn’t see much only spot a small dot thru scan n he didn’t want to commit if there’s the fetus. If calculate by my LMP I should be 7 weeks by now but according to the dr scan, the small dot (fetus) shows only 5 weeks. Should I be worried on my fetus development? Can I really ovulation late? I’m soooo worried I can’t sleep well of many nights till my next scan in a week time. Any expert advise pls.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don't base your pregnancy on your LMP cos it is never accurate even with a regular cycle. That's why ultrasound is needed to measure the size of your fetus and also to estimate your EDD. It's really common so nothing to worry cos all my pregnancies are/were the same as yours. That's also why gynaes will only start seeing pregnant women on their 8th week of pregnancy onwards. By this time you can see your fetus and hear it's heartbeat.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Yup thrs a chance u ovulated late. Happened to all my pregnancies, always get pushed back a week or 2. Dont worry so much, stay positive! Good luck!