My possessive mother in law

Recently I went for a business trip, and when I came back, my sis in law ask my son if he miss me. My mil gave a disgusted look. All along she doesn't want my son to be close to me... but I wonder why can't my son be close to me.. I am the mum. I don't feel my husband know the pain in me... who is so evil to want the child not close to the own mum.... I really have enough of my mil... I can't trust her at all with my son..she wan my son to be closer to her than me... nobody understands the fear and pain in me... since my son is born, she being saying nasty things to me. Sometimes i feel so stress that i feel so despair about my life... my husband is also definitely closer to his family than me. When i was pregant that time... i had bleeding on his niece birthday and he gave me a look like i purposely try not to attend the birthday. After going to hospital for the jab, i still have to go to the birthday celebration of the niece...I feel so alone.. #adviceplease #firstimemom

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I feel sorry for your situation. Managing relationship with mil is really not easy. I suggest u have a calm talk with your husband. Let him know how you feel, and that while you know he is very close to his family, now that you two have a child, you need his support to protect your family. This refers to you three as a family unit. You are his child's mother, and you need him to protect you,not just the child. Protecting the mother is also protecting the child

Read more
3mo trước

to be honest my husband uses his mum to threaten me to do things or blame me... say my son has to go preschool because I don't let his mum take care... else he will say if u don't send him to school every morning then let his mum take care... so he will use his mum so that he can't avoid certain things