Pregnancy Woes: Feeling ugly and undesirable?

Please tell me I’m not the only one feeling this way - recently feeling so down because of the breakouts on my face. I feel ugly, fat and undesirable. Prone to teary outburst and nothing seems to make me feel better.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey relax! It's only temporary. Don't be stress by your appearance cos baby can feel your stress too and it's not good. You'll be wearing a mask when you go out right? So that actually 'saves' you. I've always put on makeup but when I got pregnant this time I don't even bother to put any cos I'll be wearing a mask and I hate stains on my mask and best part you can't actually see the ugly part of me. I've a swelling nose too due to hormones. Also, I don't care what people think of my appearance cos I'm not fat but pregnant & carrying a baby inside me and going through alot of hormonal changes but still loving every bit of it cos I know it'll be only for 9 mths. And you know what the old wives tales says when you're 'ugly' your baby is actually taking all of your beauty from you. So imagine having a beautiful, charming baby.

Read more

Maybe you can try speaking to your husband about it? My husband has really helped by his frequent compliments. My growing boobs may have also helped to bring attention away from the fats I'm gaining during pregnancy haha. I feel okay when I'm home with just him, but tbh, I feel extremely self-conscious when meeting people. I'm so afraid they'll pass remarks about me looking fat, and I am very very sensitive to jokes/comments like that. So I always try to wear clothes that hide the flabby arms and legs.

Read more

A pregnant woman is most beautiful, hence you cannot be ugly. You are not fat, you are carrying a miracle of a new life in you that is why you put on weight. Remember this, you are beautiful, you are strong and blessed, you are experiencing a miracle that only woman get the privilege to undergo. Cheer up and start embracing this gift, it won’t last forever; at most 9months. So cherish every moment of it; and enjoy it while it last.

Read more

Hi! Am a first-time mom, was prone to teary outburst too but I read the baby can feel the mum's emotions, so I've since tried my best to hold back my tears and keep my emotions in check! I want a happy baby! :) I still cry at times (blame the hormones!), but I always rub my tummy and apologize to baby right after haha. And then try to watch something funny so I can laugh for baby. 🤣

Read more

Don’t be sad. I have breakout during 1st trim and 2nd trim it was better a little. Now into 3rd trim and breakout came out again. Think positively is impt to mom to be. Don’t worry. You’re not alone. I also start to feel a little emo in Trim 3 but I told myself not to let emotions control me.

Look at this way it’s only temporary and you’ll give birth to a beautiful/handsome baby and hey body changes are normal who know’s you’ll look better after birth got better figure or bigger boobs! 😂 Cheer up mummy!

Influencer của TAP

it's normal don't think so much it will go away