We are planning a trip abroad, and our kids are just 6 and 9 and we are thinking of leaving them back with my parents thinking that they are too small to remember this trip anyway. We are thinking on the financial front as well, as the trip would cost us a bomb, and we would like to take our kids when they grow up little more and can have memories. Is it fine to leave them back or we are getting selfish?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Just took my 8 month old baby and 3 year old toddler to a bakcpacking trip to Japan. It was crazy but it was fun and a learning experience for all of us. Although they may not remember much of it but we can look back on the photos and my toddler really enjoyed the hiking in the nature part. He remembered a lot of things from the trip and he gets to meet some sumo wrestlers. You are not being selfish, if you want to totally enjoy the trip with your hubby and have a romantic time with him, so be it. A lot of parents do that. As for me, I can't bear the thought of leaving my kids behind but it's totally your decision :-) Have fun! :-)

Read more