Cough Syrup

Hi parents, I just want to make sure if it’s safe to give my baby Prospan cough syrup? My baby has been coughing. I’ve been to Polyclinic but the doctor did not supply any medicine for cough when my baby was having fever.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

How old is your baby? if under 6 months, they won't be prescribed cough syrup as it's unsafe at this age. Coughing is a protective mechanism to prevent baby from suffocating or choking, so if suppressed when they're too young, it may be risky. Best to check with doctor instead of self-medicating.

1mo trước

My baby is coming 1 year old. Thank you for your advice!

Doctors usually don't really encourage children below 2 years old to take cough or cold medication as they have limited benefits on the illness. If you want to give otc cough medicine to your baby best to seek a doctor's confirmation instead even if the label says ok for babies

1mo trước

I see. Will check with doctor.

Dont bother going poly they wont give anything. Is baby has phlegm cough, go to PD or baby clinci, can ask for ventolin mucusolvan! My baby has tried prospan and abrilar nothing works. But ventolin works!

was told no cough medicine for baby under 2 years old. Doctor were encouraging us to do natural remedy

Influencer của TAP

if polyclinic did not prescribe despite repeated requests, safer not to consume... hope LO GWS! 🙏