Recurring yeast infection during pregnancy

Any other mummies experience this? I keep having recurring yeast infection. Saw my gynae and she mentioned it’s normal to be more prone during pregnancy. But omg the discharge, discomfort, swelling, itching etc is so bad 😭

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Experiencing recurring yeast infections during pregnancy is a common issue for many pregnant women. It's important to follow your gynecologist's advice and recommendations. To help alleviate the symptoms you're facing, consider the following solutions: 1. Maintain good hygiene: Keep the affected area clean and dry to prevent the growth of yeast. 2. Wear loose, cotton underwear: Opt for breathable fabrics to reduce moisture and irritation. 3. Avoid irritants: Stay away from scented products, douches, and harsh soaps that can disrupt the natural pH balance. 4. Consult with your gynecologist: They may prescribe safe antifungal medications that are suitable for use during pregnancy. 5. Stay well-hydrated: Drinking plenty of water can help flush out toxins and support overall vaginal health. Remember that every pregnancy is unique, and it's essential to communicate openly with your healthcare provider about any concerns or discomfort you may be experiencing. If the issue persists or worsens, seek medical attention promptly. In addition to these recommendations, to help manage the discomfort and symptoms of a yeast infection during pregnancy, you can also consider using the intimate area care product. You can find it by following this link: [Intimate area care product](https://invl.io/cll7h7h). https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

I had it for a long period of time during pregnancy (from 2nd trim) and the itch caused me to wake up almost every night to wash my vagina. gynae did give me pill to insert but still of no help. my colleague told me to try cutting down on sugar cos sugar contributes to yeast infection which improved it. after I gave birth everything cleared.

Read more

me! doc let me use the pessaries to be inserted, and it was ok for 1.5 weeks after the 10 day treatment. after that it came back 😂 doc gave me another cream called Zaricort to use, so far so good.

hey mama I highly recommend taking probiotics and specifically 'pro uro probiotics'. if really itchy, can get miconazole cream. these helped me greatly

I’m experiencing the same 😭 it’s so much uncomfortable 😣

Should always take women flora probiotics