pineapple

Is it ok to eat Pineapple during pregnancy?

48 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Eating pineapple during pregnancy is not good so resist yourself from consuming pineapple during pregnancy. Pineapples are rich in bromelain, which can cause the softening of the cervix leading to early labour. One can have pineapple in moderate quantities as it will have no effect on labour and delivery, however, its intake should be restricted during the first trimester to avoid any unforeseen event such as softening of the cervix. For this reason Pineapple is in list of foods to avoid during pregnancy. A lot of women opine that drinking lots of pineapple juice can help them achieve labour. So you must stop yourself and your dear ones from eating pineapple while pregnant.

Read more

Depend on individual, i thought... If you know your uterus is enough strong (from any happen of misscarriage), its okay you for you to eat pineapples like i do now.. (my pregnancy 10weeks today)

Thành viên VIP

I heard can agitate the uterus? Or something like that. Maybe just try a small bit first. But I think best not to eat too much

My gynae particularly asked me to avoid pineapple as it will contract the womb.

I had pineapple in moderation when I was around 8 months , before that I completely avoided it

Influencer của TAP

pineapple is the only thing i ensure i do not consume during period & pregnancy

Avoid during first tri. But after that you can eat it moderately. Cooked ones

Thành viên VIP

I heard no, but reason I’m not sure. You can seek advice from your gynae

Influencer của TAP

Try not to. Even when i order pizza i will remove the pineapple

Not sure about pineapple fruits but I ate alot pineapple tarts