Gestational Diabetes Test

This is not my 1st pregnancy and I have never taken any GB test before so it's something new to me. I am not a sweet tooth person and I rarely drink/eat sweet drinks or chocolates & stuff like that but I have an immediate family member who has Diabetes (not sure which one) so I am kinda paranoid about my own test. What should I expect? #advicepls

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I feel it's quite unpredictable. For myself, I've a sweet tooth and have been drinking sweet drinks almost every day throughout my pregnancy (3rd tri now) but surprisingly my GD test results turn out normal. Hmm not sure if coz I've no family history of diabetes. On the other hand, I've a friend who has been on Keto for more than 2 years before conception, strictly not eating sweet stuff & carbs, unfortunately she got GD recently (her mother has Type 1 diabetes). Another colleague, rarely eats sweet things but she eats rice alot (parents no diabetes but older sister has Type 2 diabetes) and she got GD. I don't really see much consistency here but I guess the fam history does increase the risk slightly. To be safe, just continue with a healthy diet and fingers crossed!

Read more
4y trước

This gives me hope! Hoping mine comes back normal 😬

My dad has diabetes and I loooveee sweet food/drinks. I cut down during pregnancy and my GD test result was normal. No reason to be paranoid. You should be fine since you don’t have a sweet tooth :)

4y trước

Omg yes! My dad has diabetes that's why I'm paranoid. Thank you for assuring. Good to know 😊

Super Mom

Don’t worry about it too much until you have gotten your results back. If you do have GD, you will need to control the intake of carbohydrates on top of sweet foods and drinks.

4y trước

Noted on that. Thank you 😊

Actually GD is not about having a sweet tooth or not on a normal basis, but it happens when body is unable to produce enough insulin to breakdown sugar in your body.

4y trước

I do too and has GD! So the risk of getting it is higher, but not to worry, just control our diet it will be all good :)