Hi all, is it normal to not have any trace of libido while breastfeeding? I'm bf-ing my LO for almost a year and sex life is close to zilch. I have spoken to my hubby about this before and he said it's fine and we can take our time. For me I feel like my mind is up for it but the body isn't. Just putting it out there to gather some opinions. Thanks in advance for sharing! ☺️

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Absolutely! Don't think it's just about breastfeeding but just about your body still recovering. It takes about 12-18 months to finally feel like yourself again. It's great that your mind is up to it. Foreplay, cuddling and kissing each other should be a good alternative for now

8y trước

Thanks for sharing! I feel quite like myself now but still tired from the daily grind (sahm with help from hubby). We are both usually exhausted by the end of each day and all we wanna do is sleep. Hope things get better soon :)

Thành viên VIP

It is perfectly normal as you will be tired from the constant breastfeeding. It's good that your husband is understanding and willing to take things slow. If you feel your mind is up for it, try it. Your body will naturally react to it.

Read more
8y trước

Ahh, good to know! The fact that I'm a SAHM and we really have no help probably contribute to the fatigue as well I think. Sometimes I see cases of ladies getting pregnant 3 months after having a baby and I wonder where they get their energy from 😂

I'm feeling exactly the same. No sex coming to 9 mths. He doesnt ask for it too. Guess we r both exhausted and just want to sleep. But sometimes i cant help but wonder y doesn't he ask for it since surely he has his needs too. Haha

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-22242)

Oh dear...as i read the threads i feel better. Actually i face the same issue. No mood for any intimacy at all. Like totally zero. In fact, mood keeps fluctuating as well.

8y trước

Yes, I have no feelings for intimacy at all too, hence the post! Good to know we aren't alone. I just feel bad for the hubby though...

thanks