Diarrhea during pregnancy

Hi. Is it normal to have diarrhea during pregnancy. Currently 15 weeks but keep going in n out the toilet for 5 times today. Will baby be ok?

23 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Your diarrhoea might be due to an infection, hormonal changes or the sudden changes in your diet you made to make sure that your baby is getting the nutrients he/she needs. The main concern with diarrhoea is staying hydrated. Make sure you drink plenty of water, juice, and broth to rehydrate yourself and replace the electrolytes your body has lost. If diarrhea during your pregnancy is caused by bacteria or parasites, you may need antibiotics.

Read more

I had diarrhoea too when I was in my first trimester. And was vomiting too. I’m not sure why either but went to see my gynae and took the medication to stop it. Ate plain crackers and bananas to help. And I was living on 100 Plus too.. that’s the only thing that helped. Just watch your food not too oily or spicy food.

Read more

Diarrhoea may be due to food poisoning or a sudden change in diet. See your doctor immediately if: - your diarrhea lasts for more than two days - you’re dehydrated - you have severe abdominal pain or rectal pain - you pass bloody or black stools - you have a fever of 38 degrees centigrade or higher.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

I had diarrhoea also but it was due to eating bak kut teh. Didn’t know all those herbal stuff not good for pregnancy. Maybe check and see what you’re eating that might disagree with your pregnancy diet and then cut those out immediately. Baby should be fine otherwise but do drink lots of water.

2y trước

cannot eat bakuteh la.. pepper and Chinese herbs not recommended

Nkakapagod nah yong lahat bawal upo higa konting lakad lng magagawa mo kahit gawaing bahay hnd kna makagawa😢😢😢pero kinakaya at laban lng para kay baby sobrang delikado at maselan kasi konting maling kilos sumasakit tyan q at mgspotting agad😢😢😢

I had diahrea for 10 days straight and it was awful. but completely normal. I saw my doctor for it like 3 times and they said that it's fine I just needed to stay hydrated.

I got diarrhea and severe abdomen pain due to eating pineapple. It is small portion for me if I'm not pregnant haha. But during pregnancy, I felt like I want to deliver the baby right away.

drink a lot of water pls! can cause dehydration if go toilet too often. if you feel unwell then pls go see gynae. but i remembered being like that too haha

5y trước

its normal so long you keep urself hydrated. my diarrhea was quite bad. i had it since i conceived till 17 wks.

Thành viên VIP

I had diarrhea too, should be fine. start of 2nd tri I start to have constipation