Are babies left alone to play by themselves at infant care

Is it normal for babies to be left alone to play by themselves at infant care ? Ive always thought the teachers will play or talk to them but i picked up my 2 months old and he was placed at a corner on a mat, with toys at the side(which he dont look interested in) and my heart sank to the very most bottom. He must’ve felt lonely. I know sometimes baby needs to play independently what if he’s always playing alone the whole day 😣 and he’s the youngest in the centre

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

No offence here. I'm a teacher and a parent. And i chose not to put my baby in infantcare because I've seen this many times. Not gonna name centres or teachers. So yes many babies to teachers and theres only so many times teachers can play with babies. If us as mothers are overwhelmed with one baby, imagine a teacher in charge of five babies in a room of ten crying screaming babies. But then I've also seen my fair share of whole blocks of three hours of no singing, interaction or storytelling either so i am furious too when i see this happening. Anyway if u don't need to put baby for long in infant care maybe you can avoid it but this is a luxury and privilege. If there's a grandparent or helper that's reliable, do let them pick up early and encourage them for the interaction for the rest of the day before u come back from work or something. At this age, babies generally need singing, hugs, lots of touch n warmth, rocking, talking, soothing sounds. Not much for under four months. Maybe tracking (looking at toys), looking at high contrast colours (red black white). And babies are not able to play independently. It's literally a taught skill to play, and there's the definition of play n the variations too. A whole can of worms here. So it's almost impossible for an infantcare teacher to be with ur baby all the time. Lets give the benefit of doubt that baby wasn't left all by himself all day. And lastly do try to communicate sincerely with his teachers about how u feel and the anxiety and pray that the teachers do have some empathy and not just working for the salary. (this is reality that teachers are not treated well and not happy in our early childhood sector🤕) This might be a double edged sword as some teachers will gang up and tell the other teachers that ure an overly kiasu parent or overly anxious (reality from multiple experiences) and wont help with our mental health as mothers. I'm truly sorry i have to say it aloud here. There are many many good educators out there but it takes one bad apple to hurt ur child with a long term effect😔 I feel like ure doing ur best regardless of ur situation dear mommy and i do hope ur baby is happy growing up! ❤️❤️❤️

Read more

hmmm, those posts about IFC created by you? if so, I think you are very worried about your LO in IFC. relax, you must understand that IFC teachers take care of alot of other babies/ toddlers, not your LO only. perhaps you can request to sit in and observe your kid for 1 day? let your kid have time to adjust, don't be so paranoid.

Read more

2 months old might not play toys yet as well. go ifc is just to eat sleep and poop. later on, when tummy time is better, then ifc teacher will do more with baby. if not, sleep more important