In laws!

My new home is coming, now I am staying with my parents and I don't get to see my in laws frequently. But if I moving in my new home, I have the feeling they will come whenever they like or maybe will try staying one or two days. Haiz, I really hope not. I am a Stay at home mom my son is 1 year old and they likes to ask me repeatedly u are not working now right? Seriously why care so much am I working or not. And will always talk a big round and give eye contact to me like indirectly telling me something. The difference between my family and his family is my family always have the problem of talking to straight and May offend my husband in someway. But his family talk round and round and aim at me or my husband. Really hate marriage life. I am a straight forward person and they are not. It drive me crazy. I just hate a quarrel with my husband about my family and his family. So I am not giving in and I will not even care of anything. Hate enough of those shallow fuckers. I really hate them! I hope I can hv my son and a good job now, so when I want a divorce is more easy for me.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Different family backgrounds often causes husband and wife to have different ways of dealing with conflicts. It's natural and it'll be the same for your children when they grow up and marry too. Instead of looking at divorce, have a logical talk with your husband and avoid being too emotional about it? Solve the issue together because you are a TEAM as husband and wife, as a family unit. Even if you found another 'better' guy, there will also be another set of family issues to deal with. So, since you guys have been through so much together now and are blessed with a son, make it work! Maybe other generations are so used to talking their ways and it's hard to change. But what we can change is ourselves and the way we see them. Take it with a pinch of salt. Sometimes if you are super nice to them, they'll suddenly be taken aback and realise their own gaps. Or give them the warmth that they've never experienced. Maybe their own parents treat them this way too and thus their current behaviour. Hope it'll work out for you. There'll always be conflicts. But marriage is resilient because you can weather through storms together.

Read more