My baby will have her vaccine tomorrow. What can I do to prevent her from getting fever?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

There are some mothers who boil 1 or 2 slices of "pao sheng/yang sheng AKA short american ginseng" in water and feed 1 or 2 spoonfuls to the baby before their vaccination. They say it does help to prevent fever. When my 3 month old went for her vaccination, I didn't take any particular precaution and she didn't get a fever after her 5 in 1, rotavirus and pneumococcal vaccinations. I believe it is because she is exclusively breastfed. Barley water might help as well. That said, I wouldn't recommend feeding anything but milk to a baby below 6 months. So just be prepared to sponge your baby if she develops a fever.

Read more
Post reply image

Breastmilk is the best prevention. I have been exclusively breastfeeding my baby since he is borned. He is 6 months old now and he has never developed fever after all his past vaccinations including 5-in-1, rotavirus and pneumococcal. Breastmilk is known to be able to increase baby's immune system.

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-2312)

Super Mom

There is no need to have fear of fever. It is a sign that vaccination is working. However, if a baby develops a fever, keep him hydrated and give ibuprofen dosage after consulting your doctor.

No need. Just makes sure baby is well rested.. I usually breastfeed my baby during the time of vaccination, So it's less painful for her🙂

check temp,sometimes we cannot avoid it as vaccine is strong, just give medication they prescribe if he have slight fever

thanks

Give paracetamol