My 7 week old baby hasn't been pooping for past 6 days. Her last poop blow out was 6 days ago. Thereafter, only very very minimal poop seen in her diaper. Mostly poop was found only around anus area and that's it. Should I be worried? She's breastfed and I'm a low yield mother who only pump out 1.5-2oz per session. I Breastfeed her and gives her once expressed breastmilk per day for fear that she might not Hv enough to drink from my breast.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My baby also didn’t poop for 4-5 days and I got a bit worried. Read that bf babies can go through such phases. In the end went PD to get laxative. I learnt also by trial and error that altering my diet will help in composition of bm to help bb to poop. I ate a lot of fruits such as papaya, and realised if I eat sweet potato (yellow or purple) he will poop as well. Try raising bb legs or press bb knees towards her and make the pooping sound can also help :).

Read more

it's normal in most cases. breastfed babies poop lesser, as the breast milk is efficiently absorbed, leaving behind little waste. my 3mth old son went through a period of not pooping for 7 to 8 days. We sought opinions from 2 different paedeatricians and their takes were similar. if you are worried, seek the advice of a doctor, and ask for a prescription for a depository (a small little pill inserted to the anus to help with defeacating).

Read more

mine ever went up to 9days without when fully bf. (earlier i was on mixed feeding then switch to full bf when i was able to) pd told me fully bf bb can go many days without poop as bb absorb everything in the bm. as long as bb is feeding well, sleeping well, pee-ing well & no bloated/hard tummy, then should be fine.

Read more

Breastfed babies can be no poop for days, mine went for 10 days no pooping! If your baby shows no signs of discomfort, pee normally and active as usual, then no worry. All the nutrients from ur milk are absorbed hence nothing to throw out.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-4792)

If fully breastfed, its normal for babies to not poop for days or even weeks. As long as sufficient output and baby is still active, it’s not a concern. My baby’s record was 7 says until poonami came. Lol