Cock eyes baby

My 2 weeks old baby girl looks a little cock eyed. Should I be worried? #cockeyes

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Newborn eyes are commonly crossed or at least appear that way because some babies are born with extra folds of skin in the inner corners of their eyes. As babies grow, the folds disappear - as does the cross-eyed look. Babies' eyes don't always move in perfect unison and that's perfectly normal and common. They are just uncoordinated. There is nothing to worry about (unless the eyes never seem to align) and will generally right itself by the time baby reaches the three month milestone.

Read more

hey mom. most newborn babies seem to be cross eyed, as their vision is still not formed and their eyes are not able to focus at this age. In fact, this can also happen till babies are about 4 months old, off and on. this also happens a lot when babies are tired and sleepy, or are trying to look at objects that are too close. don't worry as it is natural and will soon be fine. if you think your baby looks like this even after the first few months, bring it up with the doc.

Read more

most newborns’ eyes may look to be crossed. This is due to a broad bridge of the nose, where extra skin folds can mask some of the white parts of baby's eyes. No cause for concerns mummies and daddies!

Read more

Hey, do not worry. Some newborn kids seem to be cross eyed but they are not. They are still trying to see and look around so wait for more time and then judge.

It's very normal, mine was like this previously too, now normal le..