Myth or fact

Is it a must for my wife to stay home for 1 month after birth?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

Myth. This concept is not founded in western medicine. Although it is true that a new mother needs as much rest as possible, she can still go out if her recovery speed allows her to. I delivered via c-sect and left the house on few occasions to visit the gynae and visit my in-laws for a short while.

Influencer của TAP

it's best to. delivery is just like any major operations it's to heal and making sure she rest well. I do have friends who don't follow the traditional confinement rule and now they having aches everywhere. it has to depend on individual. how well you wanna take care of your body.

Yes it’s fact. Mother’s immune system is weaker after delivery and needs 3-4 mths to fully recovered. The first month is very essential. Need to feed her nutritious food to repair all damaged cells after birth.

Thành viên VIP

Hi i went outside in my 2nd week of confinement, people told me that i was pale and honestly i felt my head was spinning and i felt weak. I think its the best to stay home and recover as much as possible.

It’s encouraged for recovery but impossible to stay at home entirely due to checkups. Confinement is more of a tradition, so it’s up to the individual.

Postpartum recovery takes about 6-8 weeks or more. Even if your wife feels that she has already recovered but inside her body, she is not yet.

not a must as she will need to step out for doctor's appointment

Thành viên VIP

definitely recommend to rest! as mummy immune system is down.

Yes , fact ... Definitely recommended for her to stay at home

better to unless required to see doctor