Infant feeding amount

Hey mummies! Wondering what's the correct amount and timing an infant should be on. I'm feeding my 23days old baby girl NaN opticpro. She has been waking up hourly these 2-3 days. Previously, she can eat up to 90ml and sleep for 2.5hrs but she will have spit ups very often. So now we change it to 30ml every fed and she can drink up to 60-90ml every hour but separated into every 15mins 30ml. Not sure if this is correct but with this, she seems to have lesser spit ups but lesser sleep too. She became awaken easily and sleep only for short periods and very fussy. Not sure what to do now.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For amount of feeding, my PD taught me to use this formula as guideline to know the amount per feeding. Baby weight x 150 / number of feeding in a day. Example: baby weight is 3.05 kg and baby is drinking milk 8 times in a day. Amount of milk per feeding: 3.05 x 150 / 8 = 57.1875 or round up to 60 ml per feeding My baby is currently at 60 ml and if we feed her more than that she’ll vomit the milk out while sleeping, even though we alr try to burp her. But if she’s still showing feeding cues after the 60 ml goes in, we will top up extra milk for her and usually it goes well without any vomiting. Your baby seems to have gassy tummy. You can try to massage your baby tummy (search for baby love massage in YouTube) or consult to your PD (there’s prescribed meds to get rid of wind)

Read more

Our pedia said to feed our baby on demand. Just making sure that we burped her and to feed her on upright position. We also changed the avent bottle nipple from 1 to 0. After that there was lesser spit ups/vomits.

4y trước

Pigeons anti colic nipple i think is the softtouch series which we bought. My daughter spits up almost after every meal but not vomit kind so im not worried about GERD for now but I'll keep that in mind if it escalates. Thanks for the advice!