Will taking cough meds harm the pregnancy? [13-weeks]

Hi mummies, I have been having a very chesty, phlegmy dry cough for close to a week. It all started frm my flu den it escalated to cough. Severe headaches come in between bt it went off for a quite a while. Wen dat happen, i took the normal panadol which was previously prescribed by a GP. Bt my overthinking mind is nt to take too much as i fear the condition of my baby. Bt my cough doesnt goes away, in fact, it escalate to me losing my sense of taste. My nose got blocked. I tried some home remedy, bt doesnt goes away. I tried to force myself to eat something with spice or sour taste bt none triggers my taste buds. Though i manage to get some of it, bt it just thoroughly disappointing wen i cant tastw watever im eating/drinking. My husband has asked me to see a GP to get treated. Im just worried having to take too much medication at this period bt im too weak to hold d pain & self healed. Wenever i cough, i always fear for the baby. Bt it is safe?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

see a GP. not all medications are bad. Do ART.

11mo trước

i did my ART a couple of days and glad it still remain negative. bt yes, i will definitely try to consult a GP