side lying sleep for LO

hi mummies, just wondering if any of you have placed your LO to sleep on their side? is it safe? my MIL has been doing that for my LO and im quite worried about SIDS but at the same time i might just be overthinking it #firsttimemom #firstbaby

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

After feeding,I will lie my LO either right or left.Alternate after each feeding. Firstly is coz that if your LO vomit,the vomit will come out of the side of the mouth.Imagine lie straight,the vomits will flow backwards and ur baby definitely unable cannot sit up and bend forward to vomit and some vomits might get to the lung which will be a nightmare. But sometimes my LO doesn't like it and will make noise about it but I will put it after feeding when she really make a big fuss then I will just put her lying straight. Secondly,the shape of head will flat next time which will be very ugly in keep lying flat.Hence,need to turn your position left,right and center to achieve a cute round head :D Hope my answer helps you.

Read more

Yes it is safe as long as ur baby is being monitored. I usually only lay my LO on the side if I am awake and alert. I started laying my LO on the side as he vomits and have spit ups. Was worried he might choke so laying on the side was the best option. We do add pillows behind his back to support too.

Read more

I did side lying during the day sometimes at night as well coz sometimes ill dream feed her when she shows the hunger cue but dont feel like waking up😂 i also bought rototo bebe pillow it says to reduce reflux and prevent spit out

Hi im also scared of it at first but sometimes i would lay my baby to the side abit supported by pillow at the back if my baby doesnt burp after feeding, to avoid chocking on his own vomit

i did that but ONLY during daytime and under supervised! its a good position for after milk.

I do. My baby sleeps better that way. Just make sure that the bed is empty.

Influencer của TAP

my kids slept on side under close supervision