Working mom woes

Hi mummies who are working.. I’ve started a new job and is now 7 months into the job. I’ve recently discovered that I’m pregnant and is really worried on how I should break it to my employer.. it’s a small SME and I’m concerned that they might dismiss me 😔😔😔 if anyone has any experience to share do let me know

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

https://www.mom.gov.sg/employment-practices/leave/maternity-leave/protections-and-obligations If you have worked for your employer for at least 3 months, you have maternity protection against retrenchment and dismissal without sufficient cause during pregnancy. If your employer terminates your employment without sufficient cause while you are pregnant, or retrenches you during your pregnancy, they must pay the maternity benefits you would have been eligible for. employer has the following obligations to employees who are on maternity leave: Continue to pay an employee’s salary throughout her maternity leave as if she had been working without a break. Not ask an employee to work during the first 4 weeks of her confinement. Note: It is an offence for an employer to dismiss an employee while she is on maternity leave.

Read more

they can't do that.. so dun worry.. I was pregnant with my first born when I started a new job, I told them immediately when I start that I am 2 month into my pregnancy.. they are understanding and still accept me.. I worked there for almost 3 yrs already.. try talking to your boss.. most of them are understanding..

Read more
2y trước

ur boss so nice to accept u. mine 1st was found out when I worked 2 months in the company. but they also kind to accept and passed my probation that time. for my 3rd, interview turn down once they know I am preggy, and I even told them I am preggy and I only go interview if they accept that. ofcoz all invite been turn down due to that.

Haha i remembered my first join to the company i was 3 weeks pregnant. I hid it (i know it was bad idea) until i got the courage to say (ard 12 weeks) They cannot do anything bec they cant terminate you by being pregnant ;) so go for it

I worked for 3 months in a new company and found out I am pregnant. And my boss is a female so she understands my worry as well, but she told me not to worry about anything.

i don’t think they can dismiss you because you are pregnant.. if they do can report to MOM

Why wld they dismiss you? Should have passed probation alr