Mummies who are SAHM, would you mind sharing how much is your household income like? I've been longing to be SAHM. My hubby is working as a freelance tutor with take home salary of around $4k. However, we have some liabilities like loans, etc. Both of us know that it's not enough to survive on one person income especially when we still have a 6 months old baby. So.. I can stop thinking about being SAHM not for the time being. Just curious.. How do the rest of the SAHM manage with single income?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Ive been a stay at home mom for a year and for a while we were just getting by, I managed the paying the bills and we would budget everything, what we needed and what we didn't, more home cooked meals vs fast food, more boxed store brand food vs name brand, limit alot of driving to save on gas. Limiting is the biggest, it's not easy but also not that hard, now with pay raises its gotten so much easier that we do not have to worry, I still by budget, but we can splurg every now and again. I have my own car, he has his own car, we have a house. we now have 2 kids my daughter age 10 and our child together age 1 1/2. It's hard at first and it definitely can put a strain on a marriage but keep working at it and keep a routine, definitely communicate and keep on the same page and it gets easier.

Read more