Mummies who are SAHM, would you mind sharing how much is your household income like? I've been longing to be SAHM. My hubby is working as a freelance tutor with take home salary of around $4k. However, we have some liabilities like loans, etc. Both of us know that it's not enough to survive on one person income especially when we still have a 6 months old baby. So.. I can stop thinking about being SAHM not for the time being. Just curious.. How do the rest of the SAHM manage with single income?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Dear Mum, Since Singapore is very expensive, savings is always an issue factor. I think if manageable, you can look for some freelance or part-time opportunities , that interest you. That way you will not feel it as a burden and at the same time you earn as well :)

I feel you. I would also like to quit my job to be a SAHM, but i still don't have the guts to do that. My baby also 6 months now. I do plan to quit after i get bonus in Feb next year. Not sure, if we could make it financially every month.

7y trước

Yea, if only we could be SAHM now. I guess I'll have to wait for at least another few more years to fulfil that wish. Hang in there mummy! Let's Jiayou!

3k :) i live pretty comfortably with simple home cooked meals. i think it is how you want to live. i do some online selling for additional pocket money. all is well

Thành viên VIP

Bring home about $7.5k nett. Can survive but cannot splurge. Will be good to work as self employed or part time so your partner will be less stressful

Not a stay at home mum. But I think to survive comfortably in singapore you need about 10k household income (including company CPF).

Post reply image
7y trước

Wow! Reality hits. Then I'll have a long long way to go before I can quit. Thanks for sharing!