Mummies who are SAHM, would you mind sharing how much is your household income like? I've been longing to be SAHM. My hubby is working as a freelance tutor with take home salary of around $4k. However, we have some liabilities like loans, etc. Both of us know that it's not enough to survive on one person income especially when we still have a 6 months old baby. So.. I can stop thinking about being SAHM not for the time being. Just curious.. How do the rest of the SAHM manage with single income?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am a SAHM for 2 years, planning to go back to work as both my children are attending childcare now. For the past 2 years, we have been living comfortably with 5k salary that my husband is earning but we got to make a lot of adjustments in our lifestyle. For example, we have more home cooked food instead of dining out (actual we find it more healthy as I got check the food we eat), less entertainment (we make it up by playing with my kids “free” activities like cycling, drawing, experiments using expired food dye and vacations. My kids still get to enjoying her pony riding lesson, piano and ballet. It is possible but you just got to find your own way to plan for financial.

Read more
7y trước

Thanks for sharing mummy! It's encouraging to hear that. Absolutely true.. It really depends on the lifestyle we want. Especially when the cost of living is high too.