Mummies who are SAHM, would you mind sharing how much is your household income like? I've been longing to be SAHM. My hubby is working as a freelance tutor with take home salary of around $4k. However, we have some liabilities like loans, etc. Both of us know that it's not enough to survive on one person income especially when we still have a 6 months old baby. So.. I can stop thinking about being SAHM not for the time being. Just curious.. How do the rest of the SAHM manage with single income?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Became/Decided to be a SAHM when we had our girl. Lots of adjustment... unable to enjoy luxury lifestyle and splurge as and when we wanted to when we were both working... Now have to plan and spend our $ wisely... most of the time cook at home, healthier for our girl too to eat home cooked food, when buy stuff also will compare prices.. Still able to go on trips, just need to plan and search for good deals... No regrets staying home watching my girl grow up, unlocking her every milestones and seeing her smile and laugh everyday.. May go back to work when she goes to school next time, since I will have more time to do my things or work when she goes to school. Having said that, no rush to enroll her to school as for now.

Read more