3rd trimester - Hair straightening treatment safe or not safe?

Hi mummies, is it safe to do hair straightening like Mucota Dyna type of hair treatment during pregnancy?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey there! Congrats on nearing the end of your pregnancy journey! It's totally understandable to want to look and feel your best, especially with all those lovely hormonal changes going on. Regarding hair straightening treatments like Mucota Dyna during pregnancy, it's always best to err on the side of caution. While there isn't a ton of research specifically on the safety of these treatments during pregnancy, many experts advise avoiding chemical treatments during this time, just to be safe. Chemicals in hair straightening treatments can potentially be absorbed through the scalp, and though the risk may be small, it's better not to take any chances. Plus, your hair and scalp might react differently to treatments during pregnancy due to hormonal changes, so what worked before might not have the same effect now. But hey, don't worry too much! There are plenty of pregnancy-safe ways to manage your hair. You could opt for heat-free styling methods like air-drying or using a gentle hair straightener on a low heat setting. And remember, pregnancy can actually give your hair a natural boost, making it thicker and shinier for some women. If you're really missing that sleek look, you might consider waiting until after your little one arrives to indulge in salon treatments. It'll give you something to look forward to post-pregnancy! Take care and enjoy these last few weeks of pregnancy bliss! Mama's Choice $18 voucher 👉🏻 https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

This one is based on your own comfort level. Some mommies will still do it, while some don’t and insist you don’t do it too based on their own beliefs. You may also see some influencer mommies doing it too. In the end, it is really up to you to go ahead or not or you can simply check with your gynae for the most safest answer. You won’t be able to find the correct answer here.

Read more

I personally still do hair treatment and hair dye during my second and third trimester. Baby is safe as well. It should be okay since you are not doing every week or what and I don’t think there will be time to do all these once the baby is out 😂

definitely no, the products are absorbed through your hair and scalp and it will affect baby. please don't listen to others and say that their baby is okay, because how would you really know if there are no danger signs.

It’s really up to your choice, some say can some say cannot. If you’re worried then best not to

Influencer của TAP

i would err on the side of caution

🤍