Covid-19 Vaccine

Hello mummies out there, is it safe to take the vaccine during pregnancy? My Gynae did told me that only 1 out of many of his patients took the jab. I was thinking to take after give birth. Any advices? Thanks…

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think no one can guarantee there are no long term side effects although the risk is low as mRNA has been tested in humans since 2010 and thousands of pregnant women had been vaccinated and numbers show no higher risk of miscarriage and stillbirth. I was hesitant in my first trimester as major baby organs are still forming and the cases in Singapore is still controlled. But now, the risk of getting Covid is very high. If 80% of Singaporean are vaccinated and thus show no symptoms, if they log 1000 cases a day there is probably another 3000 infected people untested in the community but may still spread the virus. Assuming this is constant, that's 100k new infections a month. How long before you come into contact with an infected person who is your food delivery rider, hawker food handler, or family contact? I think you have to weigh the risks for yourself - how tight is your social circle, how exposed are you and how many more months to delivery?

Read more
3y trước

I working from home since May. And I seldom go out unless go Gynae check or get baby stuff. But I hv a 9 year old At home also unvaccinated . I am Due in early dec. As I have high blood issue, Gynae actually says don’t wan to add complication to it and asked me to stay away from crowded places . So I m in a dilemma stage