Induce experience

Hi mummies out there. Please share your experience if you’ve ever been induced. Like what time did you go in. Or if you’re induced at labour ward? Am inducing at KKH. #adviceplease

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

FTM without any complications and was recently induced at KKH at 40 weeks as I had no signs of labour and my baby was on the slightly bigger size for my physique. General advice is as what most people had mentioned, extra pain will be experienced from the stimulated contractions and there's chances of the inducing fails. Had to be mentally prepared to kept getting painful cervix checks as some doctors on duty can get pretty rough and the experience may get traumatizing. Be open-minded for all suitable pain management available and C-Sec if inducing is not working well as you won't be discharged until the baby is born. Here's a sharing of what I went through as a private ward (A1) patient for failed induction and uh, I think long labour?: Prior to admission, I had done my pre-admission papers at week 36 as recommended. The Ob arranged for induction on the following day after my week 40th visit as there wasn't any available slots on the day of my visit. There's 10am and 2pm slot to choose from or whichever available for non-emergency ones. I personally find the afternoon slot rather wasteful as you will still be charged for 1 day stay, try to take the morning ones if possible. Day of Admission and Induction: Was admitted at about mid afternoon and brought to the day surgery ward (shared ward) to get the induction medication inserted. And monitored for the entire afternoon (mid-afternoon to dinner) before they sent me back to my assigned bed once available. The monitoring continued from there throughout the 24 hours. I experienced lots of on and off painful contractions during the first 10 to 12 hours or so but not dilated enough for labour. And I was sent down to the triage area in the delivery suite to wait for an available labour ward for pain management (the gas and the jab, didn't need epidural at that point) and also due to baby heart rate is a little too stimulated from the inducing. Spent the night in the labour ward because of the pain and monitoring later on after taking the thigh jab. Do tell your accompanying partner/ mother/sister to wear something warm as the labour ward is cold for them. And I was back at my bed until the 24th hour (2nd day) when I opt to induce with a stronger medicine later on for another 6 hours of monitoring. Much painful but not really in labour kind of pain throughout this 6 hours. Induction failed as there's not enough dilation because the baby was actually too big to go down. The rest is all about the process to get an emergency C-section to give birth.

Read more