Induce experience

Hi mummies out there. Please share your experience if you’ve ever been induced. Like what time did you go in. Or if you’re induced at labour ward? Am inducing at KKH. #adviceplease

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was induced at KKH. Subsidised patient. This is my 3rd full-term pregnancy. Admitted to KKH observation ward at 2pm. I had the prostin pills inserted at 2.30pm. By then, I was 3cm dilated. Contractions began almost instantly for me. Was sent to delivery suite at 4pm. 5pm I received epidural, 7pm checked 4cm dilated. Was told that my cervix was still thick and high. but contractions are good and on track. To let them know when I start feeling pressure down below. 10.30pm baby slid out of me. Felt contractions but no pain, no ring of fire, no pressure below. Suddenly felt something next to my thighs. Nurse flipped the blanket covering my legs and saw baby was already out. But I had 2nd degree tear in the perineum. Didn't feel anything during stitching as well. All pain and after pains contractions felt from 2.30am. Then it was quite miserable for me... 😰

Read more