Weaning

Hi mummies. My lo is almost 6 months old. Exclusively bf. I started introducing some purees to her but she's not really interested. Will fuss and cry. Is that ok? She hasn't learnt to sit up in her own yet but is trying. I'm concerned if she's late in development or I just let nature take it's course. Please share with me mummies

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

Can she sit unsupported? If she can then it's ok to start solids. My baby could sit unsupported around 5.5 months so we started solids. She started standing up and make little steps supported at 7 months but only started sitting up on her own around 8mths. So yes, every baby is different in their developmental milestones. Have you tried making the puree with breast milk/formula milk? May be easier to introduce with something she's familiar with

Read more
4y trước

No she can't sit unsupported, her head will droop down low. When I put her on the high chair, she was very happy but when the spoon is nearer to her with her first scoop, she tastes a little and spit out. Then she gave an irritated face after which when I try again.

It is OK.. For now, milk is still their no. 1 priority... For my son, I started very slowly. Like only a spoon or 2 when he nearly reach 7 mths.. N now he can't get enough of them.