Obimin & supplements

Hi mummies. Do you all know if obimin is part of a calcium supplement as currently I am prescribed with obimin and natal care plus. Any other supplements you all would suggest? I am drinking anmum maternal milk too once awhile as I find it a tad sweet 🙊 #16weeker #FTM

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

if me, i would stick to what gynae gave me only and not taking additional without their permission. Cause they know our condition. I did try to ask if i should take this and that, my gynae said simple, u have no medical condition etc why must u consume too many supplement? so ya! Previously was given obimin too for first pregnancy. Subsequent pregnancy was given the normal prenatal supplement only.. hehe

Read more

In my personal opinion it’s best not to take any other supplements that is not prescribed by your gynae. Reason being if there are complications, at least we know the source of it and can seek professional help directly. Obimin should be taken 2hrs apart from any calcium-sourced food or drinks. And that includes bread or yoghurts.

Read more

If I’m not wrong there’s also calcium inside obimin as obimin is a multi-vitamin. You may want to switch to other Brands like Frisomum, enfamama or similac

those are sufficient for pregnancy. maternal milk has too much sugar and not particularly useful, i’d suggest you don’t take anymore

obimin best not to take with other calcium product (like milk).. at least 2 hours apart